Participate in suitable trainings that can develop their skills in MIA or outside MIA.
• To provide appropriate tours of MIA to museum visitors including Heads of State, VIPs, other guests, school groups and general public.
• To develop knowledge of MIA’s collection and exhibitions for dissemination through live tours.
• To develop skills in audience-appropriate delivery and engagement of different age-groups.
• Do research about Islamic art in general, history and MIA artefacts.
• An understanding of and proven interest in Islamic Art.
• Ability to communicate clearly with visitors in an art-based environment.
Education and Certification Requirements
• Higher education (graduate level in an art-related area preferred, but other subjects considered)
• Must be knowledgeable in the use and application of Microsoft office and other relevant IT packages and formats.
• Must be bilingual – Arabic and English preferred.
• Must have minimum 2 years work experience in a related field (front-of-house, training, tours etc.)
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be willing to develop knowledge in Islamic Art, audience awareness and presentation / teaching styles.
• Must be proactive with attention to detail.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.