Role Purpose: The incumbent is responsible for developing and delivering learning programmes for community audiences and organisations, under the direction of the Deputy Director Learning & Outreach
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- Works with direct supervisor to identify and establish medium to short term priorities and targets for programmes and projects, in line with the QM’s policies and guidelines and ensures their successful execution.
- Delivery of programmes and projects for community audiences and organisations
- Co-ordinates delivery staff for programmes and projects including QCM staff and volunteers
- Ensures community audiences receive information on programmes and services they can utilize; ensure upkeep of this information on website
- Maintain strong communication with community stakeholders. Liaise with community stakeholders, under the direction of Deputy Director Learning & Outreach, to facilitate their knowledge of museums and programmes; via written and vocal communication
- Community research: initiate and maintain a high level of knowledge for the museum on community needs (statistical and practical); create and maintain database of contacts and actively share museum information with contacts in order to increase participation. Be well-networked into local communities.
- Produce reports with analysis and comment on performance and results.
- Represent community needs in meetings and planning processes as requested and co-ordinate with other museum staff on inclusion of community audiences and organisations in museum initiatives
- Contribute to inclusive resource development for gallery exhibits
- Input into operational strategy and procedures
- Input into on-gallery programming strategy and planning in pre-opening phase
- Input into facilitation recruitment and training in pre-opening phase
- Manages and assists in selected special projects and performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Participate in all professional development training set by QCM Director; actively seek out additional training, conferences, etc., that are directly relevant to work area; actively review all other training opportunities offered.
- Knowledge of education and museums
- Bi-lingual (Arabic-English) with a wide range of written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Museum Studies, Education, Child Development, or related field
- Excellent time management and attention to detail