Role purpose: To develop and direct innovative and engaging digital platforms and programmes to enhance public engagement and learning at the NMoQ.
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- Develop and lead on the implementation of a digital learning strategy.
- Identify target audiences and create appropriate online digital resources.
- Liaise with IT colleagues in other Qatar Museums departments and sectors to ensure the digital offer of the NMoQ is supported and promoted internally and externally.
- Stay informed of the latest digital developments and plan as to how such technologies could be utilised to further the NMoQ’s engagement with diverse audiences.
- Explore and promote the possibilities of e-commerce for NMoQ online activities.
- Supervise the work of internal IT colleagues in the production of digital resources.
- Identify external providers of digital content and oversee possibilities and outcomes of partnership working.
- Provide detailed assessment of funding required for digital projects.
- Financial reporting on annual expenditure for digital activities.
- Write and submit regular evaluation reports on all digital activities and projects.
- In-depth experience of devising online learning experiences for children and adults.
- Awareness of how different audience groups and age-ranges utilize online resources for educational and recreational purposes.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to describe technological vocabulary in a clear and concise manner for a wide array of colleagues and clients.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and XML.
- Awareness of best practice in museum digital education
- Degree or higher level in Computer Science, Digital Humanities or a related sector.
- 3-5 years professional experience in the Digital Humanities, cultural/museum sectors or similar fields.
- Demonstrable experience in producing digital content with educational outcomes.
- Track record of delivering content across multiple digital platforms such as websites, mobile apps, e-campaigns, social media sites etc.