Role purpose: Responsible for organization, maintenance, enhancement, preservation, archiving and delivery of digital assets.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Manage the OTMM Digital Asset Management System and facilitate the upload and download of digital assets.
- Manage and ensure digital media and metadata access according to the NMoQ DAMS security policies as defined by the collection holders.
- Provide access to the internal and external users to the Digital Asset Management System as per the approved security matrix.
- Provide system procedures to populate and associate the appropriate metadata digital asset sets whenever a new digital asset is imported into the system and verify that metadata is included when the digital asset is exported.
- Ensure digital collections and assets in NMoQ DAMS are stored in a searchable file structure to maintain usability and are accessible to authorized parties.
- Facilitate retrieval of previously catalogued video, audio and images.
- Support in developing, implementing, and maintaining system policies and procedures
- Define and maintain data structure, metadata and search terminology
- Processes raw images using the appropriate software.
- Archive assets as necessary.
- Participate in meetings with team members, consultants, and other stakeholders to exchange information, make decisions, and/or provide updates
- Support delivery of critical and time sensitive requests.
- Generate asset download reports as per business needs.
- Review reporting to identify low usage assets through audits, purge data of expired assets.
- Maintains accurate procedures and records for the system.
- Educate, train and promote the use of the digital asset management system
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area
- Excellent understanding of Database management Systems, Web applications and MS. Azure Cloud IAAS and SAAS platforms