- Draft and review various kinds of contract for QM which are related to intellectual property (IP) or which relate to IP in some way, including (but not limited to) licence agreements.
- Advise the museums and departments of QM on any matters related to IP and assist members of the Legal Team in that regard.
- Help QM to develop policies and strategies relating to IP.
- Keep up to date with developments in the field of copyright internationally (especially in relation to artworks and museums), for example by reading news about copyright cases around the world as well as journal articles on the subject of copyright.
- Advise QM in relation to establishing online content, databases, and catalogues.
- Arrange the registration of QM’s IP with the relevant governmental authorities.
- Assist QM in dealing with infringements of its copyright.
- Perform any other tasks required by the Legal Department.
- Knowledge of international intellectual property laws.
- A strong familiarity with the general concepts and doctrines of copyright around the world, especially in relation to art and culture.
- A thorough understanding of Qatar’s Copyright Law and any other local laws relating to IP.
- A basic familiarity with the norms of the arts and culture industry.
- The ability to write and communicate fluently in the English language.
- At least a bachelor’s degree.
- Law degree is not required but preferable.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience working in the field of intellectual property.