Communications coordinator job involves generating original content for internal and external communications in alignment with the organizational brand strategy to create awareness and understanding of QM and QM entities broad range of activities and experiences.
- Responsible for generating, developing, and editing fresh and engaging original content in English
- Advises on content creation catering to QM target audience groups and recommends and develop content accordingly.
- Writes articles, outlines, captioning, long-form narratives, social media posts, and other forms of content aligned with
- event and exhibition-specific communication plans
- Contributes to communications plans with specific tactics to engage audiences across: articles, invitations,
- press releases, didactic communication content for usage in communications and marketing materials
- Ensures optimal usage of imagery for projects and ensures images are properly captioned and credited in
- Collaborates with Marketing, Communications, Creative and project focal points to meet project requirements in accordance with set editorial priorities and schedules
- Collaborates with content contributors as an editorial expert to create content that advances communications goals and initiatives
- Aligns messaging on all Department content with brand language standards and reflect the QM’s voice and tone, and its objectives
- Understands QM values and ensures they are reflected and communicate in original content
Other duties as assigned by Head of Communications and Marketing and Communications Director
- Knowledge of English-speaking media landscape.
- Proficient knowledge of journalism practices, ethical reporting and editorial standards, social media trends specifically in Qatar and more generally in the region.
- Ability to identify strong media angles to generate interest from media platforms.
- Interested in professional development.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- BA in Journalism or Communications.
- 0 - 3 years of work experience.