- Assisting with organization and upkeep of database. Participating in all registration and collection management activities.
- Undertaking backlog documentation tasks and research into the collection, its digitization and photography
- Coordinating digital collections activities including cataloging of collection objects, updating catalogue records, location tracking, digital imaging of collection objects, and uploading of clean metadata and images for access by internal and external community.
- Conducting periodic inventory and coordinates inventory activities with other teams in Collection section
- Assisting in coordinating practical arrangements for exhibitions, including loan negotiation, contract and loan agreement preparation, condition checking, packing, transport, insurance, couriers, installation, and photography.
- Assisting other relevant teams in exhibition installations and deinstallation as needed.
- Assisting in any duties related to outgoing loans
- Assisting with documentation for exhibitions and displays.
- Creating and maintaining legal documents related to exhibitions and collections including loan agreements, loan requests, insurance policies and certificates, deeds of gift, and related gift forms
- Supporting staff and visitors by creating collection reports, coordinating pulling of objects for viewing, scheduling, and accommodating visits.
- Capable of working independently and as part of the team
Knowledge & Skills:
- Being a flexible team player, whilst displaying excellent time management, strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Creativity, passion, and ambition about the museum collections.
- Working knowledge of EMu database or ability to learn
- Demonstrating strength to coordinate and work with teams collaboratively on complex projects
- The ability to work individually, whilst also demonstrating excellent communication skills is vital.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office
- Language Skills: Fluency in English, Arabic desirable
BA degree in art history, museum studies or related field. Master’s preferred.