- Installing, handling and packing collection objects
- Coordinating with Collection and Curatorial teams for object viewings
- Assisting Collection team with collection inventory
- Securing and handling objects for transportation.
- Documenting and updating object movement as per museum policies.
- Overseeing and ensuring the execution of policies regarding security, handling, movement and storage of collection
- Assisting collection and conservation teams in recording the condition in which object is received in, generating reports and flagging any damage that the object may have.
- Participating in the preparation of objects for display.
- Operating machinery such as scissor lift, forklift and pallet jacks as requested and necessary
- Capable of working independently and as part of the team
- Proposing and building storage mounts when required
- Is responsible for inventory of collection tools, equipment and materials as well as packing aids (crates, boxes, frames etc.)
- Willing to work after working hours, weekends and holidays when necessary
Knowledge & Skills:
- Being a flexible team player, whilst displaying excellent time management, strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Creativity, passion, and ambition about the museum collections.
- Working knowledge of EMu database or ability to learn
- Demonstrating strength to coordinate and work with teams collaboratively on complex projects
- The ability to work individually, whilst also demonstrating excellent communication skills is vital.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office
- Language Skills: Fluency in English, Arabic desirable
3-5 years of experience with museum collections