Museum of Islamic Art
Last Date Of Application:
About the Job:
- To aid the Head of Collections in all the functions within the unit
- To take responsibility within the Collections Division, for management and documentation of the museum collections.
- Maintain records of accession, cataloguing, condition and location of objects
- Responsible for the Registrar Unit, who are responsible for the movement of all museum objects and object deposited on loan within and outside the museum
- Responsible for the Registrar Unit, for the maintenance of stores, and for the full acquisition , cataloguing and Management documentation of the collection.
About The Applicant:
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role in museum or gallery
- Fluency in English. Arabic desirable.
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of collection management database systems
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of International shipping
- Experience of contracts
- Knowledge of Islamic Art desirable
- Experience of working in Middle East desirable