Senior General Ledger Accountant
Last Date Of Application:
Thursday, February 9, 2017
About the Job:
- Comply with QMA’s set policies, procedures, management and regulatory requirements, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Ensure that all financial and accounting transactions are recorded in compliance with QMA’s accounting procedures and IFRS.
- Implement accounting system, procedures, and internal controls. Analyze transactions, determine accuracy, and ensure completeness and compliance to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy of Financial Statements and ongoing integrity of General Ledger (GL) interfaces.
- Prepare and generate, under the directions of the Head of General Ledger, reports and statistics.
- Carry out month-end close including accounts analysis, and coordinate with the Accounting and Consolidation Department as required in the financial consolidation process.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors, and provide all required information to the concerned parties in order to facilitate the preparation of internal and external audit reports.
- Stay abreast of the latest applicable finance and accounting leading practices.
- Assist the Head of General Ledger in ensuring that the books of accounts are kept up-to-date and that accounting transactions are properly checked and reviewed to ensure accuracy of records.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with the all other related units to achieve the Department’s goals/objectives.
- Uphold highest professionalism and integrity in delivering services to internal and external Finance Customers. Proactively seek customer satisfaction in the processing of requests with a sense of caretaking and urgency.
- Ensure that the overall processes pertaining to General Ledger are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Keep the Head of General Ledger informed of significant financial accounting related issues that may jeopardize the achievement of the QMA’s goals.
- Identify areas for professional development of self and all direct reports, and act to enhance professional development of self and others.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Analyze impact of General Ledger Maintenance Activity Requests on the current Chart of Accounts (COA) and respective balances within other accounts. Recommend inactivation or addition of account/ segment in the system.
- Run Journal Import by Journal Source in the system, forward Journal through approval workflow as per the Delegation of Authorities (DOA). Post approved journals in the system.
- Perform reversing journal entries on the system and send journal through approval workflow as per the DOA.
- Prepare recurring journal templates and submit to the Head of General Ledger for review. Generate/ auto-generate recurring journals in the required period and post recurring journal into the system.
- Identify need to define a mass allocation, identify accounts and formula for cost allocation and setup mass allocation formula in the system. Perform necessary actions to rectify any issue identified by the Head of General Ledger. Generate and post the allocation journal after review by the Head of General Ledger.
- Ensure Sub Ledger modules are closed in the correct order (i.e., Payables, Purchasing, Inventory, Receivables, and Fixed Assets) and that the respective accounting was created.
- Discuss corrections required with Head of General Ledger.
- Request authorization from Head of General Ledger to re-open the period to pass the required corrections.
- Verify period end entries made in Oracle and respective balances and coordinate with Accountant – General Ledger for required corrections, if any.
- Send Trial Balance and financial statements to Head of General Ledger for review.
- Perform period end close on the system.
- Generate Financial Statements and forward it to Head General Ledger for review.
- Perform month end processes.
- Identify adjusting entries to be made.
- Run GL reports and post adjusting entries. Forward GL reports for review by authorized approvers.
- Close last period of fiscal year (adjusting period).
- Open first period of new fiscal year.
- Run Concurrent program to update account balances.
- Provide assistance to the Head of General Ledger as and when required on General Ledger related matters.
About The Applicant:
- Sound knowledge of ERP with emphasis on GL module
- Expertise in General Ledger and Financial Statements Finalization best industry practices
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- University degree in Business Administration with specialization in Accounting
- About 3-5 years of post qualification related experience of which a minimum of 2 years should be in a similar position/responsibility