Senior Exhibition Project Specialist
Role Purpose : Working on the planning, execution and operational aspects of temporary exhibition programs.
General Management & Coordination
* Manage and deliver multiple temporary and traveling exhibitions, public art and site specific installations within the QM exhibition program.
* Leads and supports in monitoring the global and general project budget and expenditures including overall project and contract management, management of exhibition teams as well as object and collection loans management.
* Must work closely with Head of Exhibitions, QM Procurement, QM legal, QM Finance Departments and other departments based on the project requirements.
* Be the key point of contact for assigned exhibitions, liaising with a wide range
of internal and external colleagues and consultants including artists, curators, designers, transport and shipping agents, design and build service providers and partner colleagues at other venues.
* Project management including creation and monitoring budget plans, writing legal documents, loans, tender documents, shipping, insurance, publications and the monitoring of procurement procedures for projects.
* Prepare post-exhibitions/event and project reports.
* Ensure a high-level of collaboration and partnership is maintained with all relevant internal parties.
* Maintain an up-to-date file of contacts, focal points, and higher management in each partnering organization.
* Manage and execute all exhibition contracts, exhibitions budgets and timelines associated with each project; schedule and manage the installation and dismantling of exhibitions, liaising with other departments and external partners as necessary.
* Knowledge of planning, budgeting and scheduling of exhibitions.
* Prepares monthly and quarterly Exhibition Department reports.
* Must follow QM exhibition policies and procedures.
* Must be able to manage a team and delegate work to each member.
* Overseas and produces Scope of Work, procure and appoint of all exhibition components and products with for the Exhibitions Department and consult with other QM Departments on the above.
* Prepare and manage all assigned temporary exhibitions budgets and contracts for the consecutive years, keeping track of all expenditure, payments and following up on service providers payments, completion certificates and internal budgets transfer and budgets assigned
* Develop and manage key exhibition project management milestones and deadlines, working with other QM Departments in regards to workloads, schedules and deliverables, as well as external * partners and contractual service providers’ schedule of deliverables to ensure that they are synchronized and final deliverables are met.
* Management of all exhibition related interpretation and content materials from exhibition partners as scholars, curators, researchers and creative professionals.
* Liaise with Publications the Catalogue delivery, liaising for its content, images copyrights and its finalizations and production with the Publication department and the curator of exhibition.
* Draft, manage and execute exhibition contracts, in liaison with Operational Departments in QM and external partner museums.
* Organise and attend key exhibition meetings, as required by the director, draft agendas and chair meetings; ensure that action points are met in weekly meetings with the department and Director.
* Prepare project briefs and reports for the Head of Exhibitions Management.
* Support centralized QM Exhibition projects and meetings as requested.
* Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all internal and external colleagues and partners including lenders and key stakeholders
* Develop and maintain a project book of accounts payable for each exhibition project.
* Work with internal and external collaborators on the acquisition, rights and reproduction fees for all exhibition related images.
* Liaise with Senior Centralized Exhibitions Staff for all aspects of exhibition object and collection logistics and procedures including transport, couriers, insurance, working in compliance with museum policies and practices, gallery climate, Health & Safety and other requirements.
* Liaise with Senior Centralized Exhibitions Staff on the scheduling and management of the installation and de-installation of each exhibition, including managing the shipments and movements of loans, and liaison with QM Collections Departments.
* Liaise and coordinate all content for media and communications platforms including marketing and communications.
* Manage and develop all archives for temporary exhibitions and final work product.
* Responsible for monitoring exhibition maintenance, security, and safety training and serve as a liaison with QM Management, Security, and IT departments.
* Extensive and proven knowledge of exhibition management and knowledge of Museum standards and procedures.
* Project management experience in a museum, creative, or construction capacity.
* A high level of expertise in the planning, development and implementation of exhibitions.
* Highly organised with extensive project management experience, including planning and monitoring budgets, developing and tracking timelines and preparing tender documentation and scopes of * work.
* Must be able to manage budgets over minimum of 5 million QAR.
* Experience negotiating and managing contracts and legal agreements.
* Extensive project management experience and experience in compiling complex reports.
* Able to inspire and support a team of peers – motivating and guiding others.
* Staff management skills.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Attention to detail, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Flexible approach to work, but highly committed.
* Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining high quality output.
* Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects and Outlook.
* Willingness to travel, as needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Museum Studies, Business Management, or a related field.
* All educational degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
* Minimum of 11 to 12 years in a similar role in the Museum Sector
* 12 years of experience working in Exhibitions area for a museum, gallery or foundation.