To perform security activities in a manner to provide a safe and secure environment for QM staff, visitors and properties through:
- Controlling and monitoring entry to QM Museums, administrative areas and stores to ensure security requirements are followed according to security procedures.
- Inspect, and ensure the safety of incoming and outgoing cargos.
- Registration of Daily Log books and related documents.
Carries out guard duties in order to protect QM from theft, fire and loss. Includes:
- Makes regular tours in vehicle and on foot of all Museums and administrative areas
- Checking for any abnormalities at boundaries, gates, leakages, breakages, and stores areas.
- Makes notes of unusual items or activities and passing information to security coordinator.
- Takes immediate corrective action on site such as giving alarm, and informing responsible personnel of the situation as necessary.
- Operates and monitors the CCTV system.
- Maintains the master key system through reporting all access problems.
- Secures the opening and closing of all building facilities and offices.
- Guiding outside freighting personnel to the emergency scene.
- Monitors the performance of outsource security.
- Checking in/out materials and ensure the implementation of necessary procedures.
- Monitors and controls traffic movement within QM premises.
- Fills up and completes daily report and forms whenever applicable such as attendance sheet, daily log book…etc.
- Checks the fire fighting systems and extinguishers available are in place and valid.
- Carries out other related duties whenever instructed.
Carries out Head of Section duties in case of absent:
- Coordinates the daily duties with security subcontracting.
- Resolves any conflicts between QM external visitors and the contracted security staff.
- Monitors the performance and attendance of the contracted security contracted staff and requests for changes in personnel if required.
- Finds replacements in case of absence of security men during off hours if needed.
- Knowledgeable of security & safety procedures.
- Conflict resolving
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic.
- High School or a relevant security discipline
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar role