Sales & Marketing Specialist
Last Date Of Application:
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
About the Job:
- Support Chief Commercial Officer with implementation of events management plans within In-Q Enterprises commercial strategy.
- Develop plan and initiatives to increase the number of commercial events at In-Q Enterprises venues – driving sales activity and ensuring that the unit’s revenue-generation targets are exceeded.
- Plan and implement marketing activities to promote In-Q Enterprises venues – participating at trade shows and conventions as requested.
- Define and implement unit KPIs, goals, objectives, and procedures – managing unit performance and evaluating data to determine areas for improvement.
- Fully manage and oversee all aspects of Retail unit’s operational P&L including long-term budget planning, financial reporting and forecasting etc.
- Conduct prudent fiscal control to ensure that operational expenditure (opex) related to publishing activities is maintained within budgeted allocations.
- Ensure that outstanding service is provided to all In-Q Enterprises events customers, through “hands-on” leadership and proactive direction.
- Working with the Chief Commercial Officer and other In-Q Enterprises senior managers, develop policies and procedures related to events management within In-Q Enterprises. To be responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet agreed company objectives.
- To evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data and implement marketing plan alterations as needed.
- To oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional staff activities.
- Oversee operational and logistical activities related to the organization and implementation of events, including at events outside of normal working hours.
- Guide and coordinate the Events Planning Committee, ensuring that agreed approval processes related to the arrangement of events (commercial or non-commercial) are followed.
- Ensure that the Events team maintains strong working relationships with clients, striving at all times to deliver exceptional customer service and bespoke solutions.
- Ensure that the Events team maintains strong working relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure that sales and marketing materials are kept up-to-date and adhere to the highest standards of professional presentation.
- Ensure that contracts, invoicing and other documentation related to events management are processed in a timely manner by Events Coordinators.
- Ensure that procurement procedures are followed and implemented in a timely manner by the Events team.
- Manage aged debt issues – ensure timely follow-up with clients to ensure that outstanding invoices are paid.
- Ensure that calendar of In-Q Enterprises events is updated and accurately maintained.
- Ensure that database of contractors and suppliers is updated and accurately maintained.
- Develop a strong collaborative relationship with Support Services functions (e.g. HR, Finance, IT etc.) and other departments, ensuring timely compliance with In-Q policies and procedures.
- Develop a strong collaborative relationship with museum management and operational staff.
- Be the main point of contact in providing In-Q Enterprises senior management with information pertaining to In-Q Enterprises events management activities.
- Develop an annual marketing plan. This should detail the year’s activity to meet agreed company objectives.
- To conduct market research in order to identify market requirements for current and future products.
- Responsible for marketing of company products and services to the right market.
- Demonstrate technical marketing skills and company product knowledge.
- Budget Management. To deliver all marketing activity within the agreed budget and to direct marketing staff where budgets are involved.
- To manage all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution.
- To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- To manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- To develop and implement a company-wide plan to push product, working with all departments for its execution.
- To analyse potential strategic partner relationships for product lines. To develop and implement a company-wide plan to push product, working with all departments for its execution.
About The Applicant:
- Sales and marketing skills – demonstrated entrepreneurial ability to grow business and drive revenue generation
- Ability to work in a team, and with colleagues in other departments, demonstrating a collaborative approach
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgment
- Strong communication skills with good active listening skills
- Strong time- and resource-management skills to ensure project delivery within time and resource constraints
- Ability to use own initiative and to develop, maintain and monitor own work programs to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining high quality of output
- Ability to prepare documents in a clear, concise manner
- Well-developed computing skills including understanding of relevant IT products and software (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP/Oracle
- A Degree in Retail & Merchandising/Humanities or relevant subject area.
- At least 9 years in retail and merchandising experience.