Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum
Role Purpose : This position is responsible for providing preventive and interventive conservation for objects within the collection and includes storage and object installation activities and store and gallery maintenance.
Key accountabilities & duties :
- Carry out conservation on a wide variety of 3 D objects
- Maintain conservation treatment records on the QM database
- Operate in the conservation lab according to guidelines set down by the Head of Conservation.
- Equipment maintenance
- Assist with maintaining high object storage standards including cleaning and repacking., supervising cleaners and others where necessary.
- Taking part in physical assistance for object movement, loans and exhibitions including mount making and installation
- Assist with outreach on the work of Conservation within the Sports Museum through various channels and with various departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Conservation.
- A Degree or Post Graduate qualification in Object Conservation from an internationally recognised institution
- 3 or more years of relevant experience working with objects in collections or museums.
- A proven team player used to working with others to achieve tight deadlines.
- Mature in outlook, adaptable, flexible and patient.
- Manual dexterity and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of current best practice and ethics in conservation
- Knowledge of conservation of a variety of materials.
- Knowledge of environmental conditions required for objects
- IT skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English