Head of Security Section
The purpose of this role is to ensure the implementation and enforcement of security measures for QM, including access and exit control and monitoring, vehicle and personnel checks, security patrols and the preparation of all related reports ensuring overall protection of all QM property and personnel against threat, theft or any other act that is contrary to the laws of the State or QM rules.
Planning and Implementation
- Works with direct supervisor to identify and establish medium to short term strategic priorities and targets, in line with QM’s policies and guidelines and ensures their successful execution.
- Implements initiatives that enable maximum output that fully contributes to the delivery of department goals.
- Participates in policies and procedures review to identify areas of improvement within own function and recommends changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Develops and monitors KPIs, takes corrective actions where necessary and produces regular reports with analysis and comment on performance and results.
- Ensures the issuance of daily, monthly and yearly reports for his section.
- Generates ideas and practical solutions, which add value to the simplifying the security procedures for visitors and employees.
- Effectively responds to threats/issues which have being escalated by on the ground staff through managing and giving proactive instructions to combat these threats/issues.
- Active participation on risk assessments and makes recommendations to Senior Management, assessing level of risk in terms of wider issues such as international/national terrorism etc..
- Encourages QM staff to report all incidents and ensures that reports are analysed in terms of trends emerging to inform decisions on cost effective deployment of staff, CCTV etc..
- Advises Senior Management on confidential or sensitive matters and acts as a conduit between QM and the police at all levels in order to expedite solutions to difficult situations.
- Works as a key contact for external VIP staff to his area and other highly ranked external individuals to coordinate the entrance, exit and other logistic issues.
- Prepares improvement recommendations for the current security infrastructure.
- Monitors/reviews performance reports regarding the works of the contracted security company.
- Monitors/ensures the effectiveness of related security systems in place such as Access Control, CCTV, etc., on daily basis.
Supervision of Subordinates
- Organises and supervises the activities and work of the subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of the activity is carried out in an efficient manner, which is consisting with operating procedures and policy.
- Provides on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates and outsource security to support their overall development.
- Supervises a team of security officers on a shift basis to ensure that resources (internal and contracted) are correctly allocated across a facility and inspections take place according to defined schedules.
Housekeeping and Maintenance
- Improves and maintains the access points and equipment and ensure that all materials, clothes and supplies required made available when required.
- Builds working relationships with external security staffing companies.
- Participates in security conferences to stay updated with the best practices and technologies in the security domain.
- Motivates staff and empowers direct reports by providing the necessary tools and support required to meet business goals.
- Establishes clear direction, prioritizes tasks, assigns and delegates responsibility; monitors individual performance, provides regular feedback and takes prompt action where necessary.
- Builds opportunities for staff members to suggest, participate in and contribute to improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Provides guidance and ensures staff members comply with QM’s policies, processes, practices and systems.
- Knowledge of security industry, the public sector or armed services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security or Military/Police experience of 6 years
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a similar role