Curator for 2019 (EMU) Project
Museum of Islamic Art
Role Purpose : The curator will oversee the Museum of Islamic Art's EMU-project (update of the database) from a curatorial side, being responsible for the content-management and -update. He or she should will assist in setting up the basis for the future online catalogue of the collection. For this liaison with the other EMU team members as well as with the MIA curatorial staff is essential. She/he should have a broad knowledge of the field, familiarity with object handling and excellent cataloguing skills.
Assist with update documentation and research of the collection
Involve in the content management of future online catalogue
Assist with provenance questions.
Liaise with other EMU project members and curatorial staff for duties required.
Must be able to work within a team, be flexible and self-motivated. Liaise with museum conservators, registrars and other colleagues on a regular basis
Other activities as requested by the EMU project coordinator.
- Excellent familiarity with object handling
- A good network of specialized contacts
- Experience of living in the Middle East desired
- Minimum Masters but preferred PhD in Islamic art history or archaeology desired (ABD acceptable)
- Fluent English
- Proficiency in Persian and/or Turkish, Arabic (desired)
- A high level of subject-specific expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong research abilities and excellent organization
- Publications and lecturing experience
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Professional manner and friendly attitude
- Interested in professional development