- Capture the design brief and take ownership of projects assigned and follow through from design brief to production.
- Develop design concepts and present finalized ideas and concepts to clients in a creative manner.
- Develop unique creative designs within brand guidelines exercising creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Assist photo shoots to ensure that outcome meets the design and aesthetic requirements if needed
- Develop production specifications including paper types, weights, binding, finishing.
- Prepare print ready files and artworks, sign off on blueprints and liaise with printers.
- Color-proofing and color correction on press
- Assist junior designers within the team
- knowledge of printing and pre-press processes, paper types and book production materials
- High attention to detail and commitment to high standards of quality
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in print production specifications (paper type, binding, finishes…)
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design is required.
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of experience in publication design (books, booklets and other print media), and working within a creative team environment.