QCHIMS Functional & Technology Specialist (Heritage Management)
The QCHIMS Functional & Technology Specialist will maintain and support the Qatar Cultural Heritage Information Management System (QCHIMS), the web application used mainly by the Division of Cultural Heritage.QCHIMS serves as the principal repository of all information related to tangible cultural heritage in Qatar. Data stored in QCHIMS is used by a variety of government institutions across Qatar as an import resource. Additionally the system contains functionality used for administrative and organizational purposes by the Division of Cultural Heritage.
This position is a varied role and would suit an experienced full-stack Functional & Technology Specialist, i.e. someone with experience in frontend and backend web development, including database design and maintenance.QCHIMS uses modern web application technologies: The backend is built on Node.js and GeoServer, delivering data via APIs to a Vue frontend. The primary data storage is PostgreSQL.
The QCHIMS Functional & Technology Specialist works closely with the Division of Cultural Heritage and the QM IT Department to provide technical support and maintenance of QCHIMS.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Provides functional & technology expertise, guidance, facilitation, and thought leadership on QCHIMS to fulfill the Heritage Management goals of the Division of Cultural Heritage
- Coordinates changes, maintenance activities and quality assurance activities to ensure optimal functioning of QCHIMS
- Administration of QCHIMS that includes general maintenance activities such as backups, supervision of integration with external or internal systems etc. by coordinating with QM IT, specialists or on own
- Support in developing, implementing, and maintaining system policies and procedures, documenting database architecture and to ensure the security and integrity of the application.
- Development and support of web applications, preferably with node.js, vue; work experience with PostGreSQL and PostGIS is preferred
- Works closely with staff, consultants etc. of the Division, QM IT & other stakeholders to ensure convergence of the heritage management and technology goals
- Manage data and information from other systems to QCHIMS for activities that include but not restricted to migrations, user management etc.
- Monitors QCHIMS and associated services for optimal usage and (end user) experience
- Communicating work status, methods, instructions, problems, requirements, options, and concerns in a timely and proactive manner
- Participate in meetings with team members, consultants, and other stakeholders to exchange information, make decisions, and/or provide updates
Master Degree Graduate from a recognized university with minimum 5 years’ experience in areas relating to the section titled ‘Duties and Responsibilities’ for job requirements
- Excellent decision-making, organizational and problem solving skills
- Working experience in any or some of GIS, geography, environmental science, computer science, management information systems is preferred
- Experience in Node.js, Vue, PostGIS, PostgreSQL
- Strong prioritization skills including managing time and work load
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and possibly in Arabic