Senior Conservation Specialist
Manage conservation team and overall care and preservation of QM objects in accordance with the International Council of Museums – Committee for Conservation Code of Conduct.
1. Long term preservation and care of QM objects – collections under Acquisitions and Stores Department:
- To plan and assist movement and arrangement of the collection to new storage building.
- To develop and implement new/ modify existing Department Conservation Policy and Integrated Pest Management Guidelines.
- To prepare long term preservation plan for the QM objects.
- To be involved in recruitment, budgeting, and material orders.
- To coordinate and manage both preventive and interventive conservation programmers.
- To develop and deliver regular staff training in the context of the Collection Care.
- To ensure that all conservation team activities meet necessary standards and legislation relating to Health and Safety.
- To collaborate with other team members of Acquisitions and Stores Department in order to establish best standards and procedures for the care of general collection.
- When time allowed, performing conservation treatment for the QM objects in support of the department’s long term preservation plan, exhibitions and loans in area of expertise.
- To record and report all conservation activities undertaken in accordance of QM’s documentation system.
- To support all other departmental activities.
2. Conservation advises and support to other Museums/ Department:
- To organize and manage conservation services to other Museums and Departments in the preparation of exhibitions and other museum activities.
- To provide conservation services to other Museums and Departments in area of expertise.
3. Commercial conservation services:
- To coordinate and manage commercial conservation services including recruitment of needed specialties, costing, material orders.
- To liaise with client for best possible conservation services.
- To ensure that conservation work undertaken by qualified conservators is to appropriately high standards and follows professional ethical approaches.
M.A. from an accredited conservation training program.
Minimum of ten years of conservation experience with management and supervisory skills.
Leadership and interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Fluency in English is a must.
Must be Computer Literate