National Museum of Qatar
Role Purpose : The position is responsible for a broad range of registration functions of which primary duties include assistance with care, maintenance, and preservation of NMoQ collections in permanent galleries and the performance of registration functions relative to both the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions including loan agreement, condition reports, and insurance and transit arrangements. Responsible in maintaining records and preparing objects in museum collections for storage, research, or exhibit.
• Assist Registrar for Exhibitions and Loans in all duties
• Identify and record objects or install and arrange them in exhibits
• Prepare materials for preservation, storage, or display
• Prepare reports on the operation of conservation laboratories, documenting the condition of artefacts, treatment options, and the methods of preservation and repair used.
• Install, arrange, assemble, and prepare artifacts for exhibition, ensuring the artifacts' safety, reporting their status and condition, and identifying and correcting any problems with the set up.
• Assist with the annual inventory of the permanent collections and temporary loans
• Perform periodic condition reporting of collections in the Permanent Collection and review of same
• Assist with logistics of collections shipments and location tracking for loans
• Keep abreast of approved and current registration standards as well as basic conservation guidelines for the care and handling of collections
• Knowledge of principles and procedures of Collections Management filing and record keeping
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office software to include: Outlook, Word, Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
• Strong organizational skills and analytical skills
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to multi-task and think critically
• Ability to work independently and with initiative
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Arts – Art History, Museum Studies, Graphic Design, industrial Design or similar
• Minimum two years of museum registration experience with a focus on collections management and/or exhibitions