National Museum of Qatar
Role Purpose : Responsible in supporting the Head of Multimedia in managing, maintaining and updating the digital media exhibits in NMoQ.
• Manage and maintain the digital media exhibits on NMoQ – exhibits incuding active mediation, interactive mediation, and oral history films
• Operate highly technical or complex equipment, such as multi-media and computer projection equipment.
• Assist in training, scheduling, and distributing work of other staff, members, students, casuals and temporary workers.
• Provides information and advice to a different museum staff on technically complex matters
• Support in the planning of media production projects or events, and in developing budgets.
• Responsible for quality control aspects of media production.
• Coordinate equipment installation, maintenance and repair needs.
• Troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance on digital and multi-media equipment and systems.
• Make recommendations for equipment purchases, system design, and facility utilization.
• Keeping up-to-date with technological and software developments
• Performs related job duties as required.
• Significant related technical experience and thorough knowledge of the use and maintenance of museum multi-media exhibits
• Familiarity with media equipment.
• An intermediate level in Design and Motion Graphics software and tools.
• Ability to differentiate between various audio, video, computer and network cables and connectors.
• Knowledge of rear projection systems in order to perform routine maintenance.
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Evidence of flexibility and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability using a life cycle management process for implementation of changes in technology.
• Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment.
• Must be proactive to prevent downtime of the systems.
• Understanding of proper maintenance reporting with the related KPI’s like MTTR, MTBF.
• Familiarity of Crestron, Extron, Polycomm and other AV System brands.
• Knowledge of Arabic language desirable
• Minimum Bachelors’s Degree in related filed - multimedia technology, IT and computer science
• Preferably 2 years work experience in museum digital and multi-media