- Communicate with library visitors
- Develop the collection based on gaps in current offer, newly available resources, and any other request or requirement in line with Library policy and strategy.
- Deliver all aspects of public services including but not limited to ensuring the availability of the facility, collections and services to visitors.
- Determine and deliver reports from library systems such as SirsiDynix Symphony, working with system developers to provide information required in the correct format.
- Provide a quality research service to visitors using all available resources, advising on further development etc. – this requires Librarian remain personally up-to-date with the collection and other resources in order to give accurate advice.
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Excellent communication skills
- In depth knowledge of Library of Congress Cataloguing rules
- Knowledge of library processes, systems and professional standards
- Ability to use a wide variety of information databases e.g. World Cat, JSTOR
- Ability and willingness to make equal shifts of evening, weekends and holidays in rotation with other staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in library studies
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a library position