- Work with the collections documentation team to maintain up to date and accurate Emu records on all objects in the relevant collection
- Work with the Conservation and Collections team to ensure proper storage and preservation of scientific specimens
- Assist the Curator of Natural Sciences in research and fieldwork, relevant to the Museum collections
- Assist the Curator, Natural Sciences, in developing material on the Museum collections and collection areas for publication
- Writing captions or contributing to Publications
- Collections Research and Collections holding
- Writing brochures, captions for Exhibitions
- Ability to conceptualize independent projects
- In-depth knowledge of Collections relevant to area of expertise
- Accurately catalogue collection objects and update museum collection database
- Knowledge of preservation and documentation standards of museum collections.
- Knowledge of the KE Emu Collections Management System helpful, or similar CMS
- Experience of research and field work in the related area
- Experience in museums, museum programs and exhibitions
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. biology, marine biology, zoology, botany).
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience (field work, academia, museums) with an understanding of the scientific topics of the Arabian Gulf, especially, the knowledge of natural history and environments of Qatar and the Gulf/Middle East.